When having a baby, there’s more than enough you have to plan and prep, so the nursery is just another thing to add to your list. To help you out, here at Tiny Collections we’ve put together some tips from the experts in the field. Here are some top things to prep so you won’t look back in regret when the baby is here and you may have a bit too much on your plate….
- Add a dimmer to lighting. It’s an easy project that will allow you to adjust the mood of the room as needed. You’ll be thankful you thought of this when your baby is going through one of his cranky leaps!
- Think long term - Try and select furniture that will grow with your child. These days it’s easy to find pieces that evolve from nursery to teenager room.
- Clean is the new fresh - Scandinavians and Nordic designs are the way to go. Focus on clean uncluttered spaces which allow for plenty of floor space so the baby can have floor playtime and also will help keep your place clean and tidy.
- Baby Proofing - Some good baby-proofing ideas include covering wall power outlets, keeping the crib away from window treatments and cords and placing valuable items on higher shelves. Also keep in mind to select durable, washable fabrics and rugs that can be easily cleaned
- Nursery Decor: Take into account how long the nursery decor is likely to last for your baby. Wall frames are practical and an easy alternative and are easily taken down and changed when your child gets older.